Obstructive Sleep Apnea is fairly common, but very serious condition. When a person with this syndrome falls asleep, the airway collapses and disrupts normal breathing patterns. During this time, the person's oxygen saturation may fall below normal levels, which in turn sends a trigger to the brain to wake up. In order to wake the person up, a surge of adrenaline is rushed to the heart, causing it to speed up.
Medical conditions include:
Congestive Heart Failure
North Houston Sleep Center has a 4 Star Hotel style setup. Patient's will enjoy the privacy of their own room with an on suite restroom. See our patient testimonial video to view the location!
Texas DOT requires most truckers to take a Home Sleep Test in order to continue driving. North Houston Sleep Center has an easy process:
1. Send your Doctor order via fax to 800-593-0002. If you need to see a Doctor give us a call, we can help!
2. North Houston Sleep Center will contact the patient within 1 hour of the fax to confirm information
3. The Home Sleep Test will be shipped same day via UPS unless the patient choses to pick up from our location
4. Once the patient completes his/her study, they can return by dropping off at any UPS location or dropbox with a prepaid tag
5. Results will be sent to the physician within 24 hours of receipt of the home sleep unit
6. North Houston Sleep Center will notify the patient once the results have been sent to the referring physician
Getting good quality sleep is very important in maintaining a healthy lifestyle and staying awake on the road.
An EEG is used to evaluate several types of brain disorders. When epilepsy is present, seizure activity will appear as rapid spiking waves on the EEG.
The test can also be used to diagnose other disorders that influence brain activity, such as Alzheimer's disease, certain psychoses, and a sleep disorder called narcolepsy.
Indications for an EEG:
Memory Loss (Short or Long Term)
Migraine or Persistent Headaches
Evaluate Periods of Unconsciousness
Call North Houston Sleep Center today if you have any of the above indications. We can direct you to the right type of Physician.
Sign up to hear from us about specials, sales, and events.
We love our customers, so feel free to visit during normal business hours.
2710 Mangum Rd, Houston, Texas 77092, United States
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday: By appointment
Copyright © 2019 North Houston Sleep Center - All Rights Reserved.